Tuesday, November 27, 2012

TOLD YA SO!!!


For all of you who thought I was over reacting to the absolute distraction and circus that the presence of Tim Tebow brings to any team stupid enough to sign him, please read the following editorial from “Fireman Ed.”  In case you don’t know who he is, he’s been a NY Fire Fighter for decades and has been a Jets fan and led the stadium in the J-E-T-S- JETS-JETS-JETS chant since 1975. 

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m not crazy about “Papa” John Schnatter and his “Obamacare” nonsense talk coming out after he teamed up with my quarterback, Peyton Manning (OH THANK YOU, JESUS) to sell pizza.  However, if it ever came down to it and somewhere down the road there was a controversy as to whether Brock Osweiler or Peyton Manning should be the quarterback of the Broncos, I will bet not only my life but the life of my parents, my son, my three dogs, three cats, and my pristine collection of Frank Sinatra LP’s that have only been played once (and that was to dub them onto cassette…yeah, that long ago) that if I wore a Brock Osweiler jersey to the stadium pizza fanatics would not make it impossible for me to enjoy the game.  They would belch.  Some of them would, sadly, undo their belts, and even more of them would eat another slice. But they would not cause me to leave the stadium, though I might have to move over a seat or two, if you get my drift.  Cause I’d be getting theirs.

However, when Josh McAsshole drafted Tebow, any Broncos fan who dared to support Kyle Orton or wanted any quarterback other than Jesus Pants...like one who could actually throw a pass...was met with everything from outright confrontation to biblical quotes that somehow showed that God designated the righteous place Tebow owned as the leader of our team. For Christ's sake, Pat Robertson went so far as to predict that God might even want Peyton to have another neck injury!  REALLY???  It was a three ring circus with a Te-bot who spouted platitudes, all to the elation of dogmatic idiots when it was supposed to be about FOOTBALL!!! 

So, I completely understand and sympathize with Ed Anzalone  I had to live with this crap in Denver... endless shit that was supported by the wacko religious right from Colorado Springs just chanting and churning.  Believe me, I feel your pain.  I know what you mean about loving your team but reaching a point where you just can’t take it anymore.  It’s a load of garbage.  By the way, Ed…Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback. I wish that the Jacksonville/Tebow trade rumor had been true - or even the hints about that tight end or running back stuff - it would have been the best thing that could have happened for everyone and it's actually what should have happened in the first place. 

So, after all this time, I am facing some of the biggest decisions I'll make in my life...real things to blog about... and what do I choose?  Football.  I know it's total avoidance.  However, when I read Ed's editorial I just felt so VINDICATED!!!  I think it’s because I took a whole lot of crap last year about not being a good fan, and not supporting my team and “bringing politics into it” when I WASN’T THE ONE DOING IT!!  

So as Ed - whom I've never met, but with whom I've sadly shared the Tebow experience - and I will attest, here's the absolute truth:  if you show up at a stadium that happens to house Tebow, God ain’t gonna getcha but the loonies will.  Here’s the link to his editorial.

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/1156831--guest-column-fireman-ed-steps-away-but-not-as-fan 

No comments:

Post a Comment